I love Austin air filters because they work well to reduce both chemicals and allergens in the air. Indoor air pollution is being recognized more and more as a real problem, especially as our houses our more airtight and our furniture, carpets and paint are offgassing chemicals that are harmful. Add to that, animal dander, dust mites and pollens tracked in and respiratory and other health problems are inevitable. So I want people to know that I offer the Austin Air filters through my practice at a discount to my patients. There are a few different models and sizes but they are reasonably priced and can even be shipped right to your home. The filters are good for 5 years before replacements are needed. Ask me for details if you are interested. I especially recommend them for people dealing with allergies and asthma.
Archive for the ‘Food Sensitivities & Allergies’ Category
My patients are still suffering badly from allergies, and grass pollen is still the most prevalent pollen offender. A few tips to reduce your exposure:
- Wash off when you come inside after changing clothes.
- Wear a hat when outside then take it off along with your shoes when you come inside.
- Use a nasal irrigation solution in a syringe or neti pot or at least a saline nasal spray.
- Don’t open windows, especially in your bedroom.
- Use an air filter in your bedroom, an air conditioner or at least use fans blowing out the window, never in.
- Natural antihistamines like nettles and quercetin may also help.