Circle Healthcare Clinic is a multi-disciplinary, alternative medicine clinic. Dr. Scopes uses a range of treatment options include diet and nutritional medicine, botanical medicine (Western and Chinese herbs), prescription medicines, homeopathy, and wellness counseling. Naturopathic medicine respects the innate healing abilities in the body, and uses treatments which stimulate and support these healing processes.
Naturopathic doctors use both conventional and alternative methods of diagnosis, which include physical exams and laboratory tests. Dr. Scopes has an extensive natural health pharmacy at the clinic. Licensed N.D.’s in Oregon can also prescribe conventional drugs for circumstances in which they are required.
Dr. Scopes’ approach is patient-centered: spending the time and listening to you to get a holistic view of your health, and individualizing a treatment plan to help you achieve greater wellness.
We offer insurance billing for those patients with policies covering naturopathic medicine.
We have a large in-clinic natural medicine pharmacy for our patients, offering the highest quality professional lines of supplements.
Conventional laboratory tests. Any conventional lab testing can be ordered from one of several laboratories, and is usually covered by insurance.
Naturopathic laboratory tests. Some of the most frequently ordered tests include:
- Food sensitivity tests: blood testing for IgG and IgA antibodies to food
- Digestive function, SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth) and parasite/dysbiosis tests
- Bioelectric impedance analysis: measures lean muscle mass, body fat, and caloric and protein requirements
- Heavy metal toxicity: hair analysis or urine challenge testing with chelation.
- Adrenal stress tests: Saliva tests to measure adrenal hormone function (cortisol and DHEA).
- Comprehensive cardiovascular tests through Boston Heart Lab: Includes more accurate markers of heart disease risk than just HDL and LDL cholesterol levels. Lipoprotein A, c-reactive protein and others.
- Hormone level testing: urine, saliva or blood tests to measure hormone levels.
- Genetic testing to assess risks for various conditions including osteoporosis, celiac disease, heart disease, and detoxification ability. Also genetic tests to determine which medications are metabolized well or impaired by genetic variations.
- Organic acid testing: urine test to assess the need for nutrients, and to look for signs of yeast and abnormal bacteria in the GI tract.
- Thyroid function tests: measurements of all thyroid hormones (TSH, T4, T3, reverse T3) and thyroid antibodies.
- MTHFR gene test: genetic test to see if you have the capacity to activate and use folic acid in the many metabolic processes that depend on it (detoxification, mental health, cell repair, etc).
Minor surgery for the removal of warts, and other benign skin growths.
Other services offered at Circle Healthcare Clinic include: Chiropractic medicine, acupuncture, colonic hydrotherapy, massage and bodywork.